The Holy Family Day Home has been operating a pre-school at this historic intersection opposite the Mission Dolores in San Francisco’s Mission District since 1912. This project replaces a historically significant Willis Polk Building on the same site that was severely damaged by the Loma Prieta Earthquake in 1989 and subsequently demolished. The new building is a 15,000 square foot, three-story, wood frame structure designed to connect to the history of the immediate neighborhood and to the building that previously occupied the site. It contains 5 classrooms that accommodate up to 125 children, as well as support spaces including program directors and social workers offices, a play therapy room, multi-purpose room, administrative space, and a training and volunteer room. The design also evokes the archetypal image of “home” to symbolize the mission of the project sponsors.

Location: San Francisco, CA

Type: Educational/Pre-School

Size: 15,000 sq ft

Completed: October 2006

 

Architectural Team

Design Principals: Cass Smith, Lev Weisbach

Project Architect: Goetz Frank, TimQuayle

 

Consultants

MEP: NBA Engineering

Structural Engineer: John Yadegar &Associates

Lighting: Horton Lees LightingDesign

Civil Engineer: KCAEngineering

Geotech Engineer: Treadwell & Rollo

 

General Contractor: Frank Portman

Photography: Cesar Rubio

Location: San Francisco, CA

Type: Educational/Pre-School

Size: 15,000 sq ft

Completed: October 2006

 

Architectural Team

Design Principals: Cass Smith, Lev Weisbach

Project Architect: Goetz Frank, TimQuayle

 

Consultants

MEP: NBA Engineering

Structural Engineer: John Yadegar &Associates

Lighting: Horton Lees LightingDesign

Civil Engineer: KCAEngineering

Geotech Engineer: Treadwell & Rollo

 

General Contractor: Frank Portman

Photography: Cesar Rubio

The Holy Family Day Home has been operating a pre-school at this historic intersection opposite the Mission Dolores in San Francisco’s Mission District since 1912. This project replaces a historically significant Willis Polk Building on the same site that was severely damaged by the Loma Prieta Earthquake in 1989 and subsequently demolished. The new building is a 15,000 square foot, three-story, wood frame structure designed to connect to the history of the immediate neighborhood and to the building that previously occupied the site. It contains 5 classrooms that accommodate up to 125 children, as well as support spaces including program directors and social workers offices, a play therapy room, multi-purpose room, administrative space, and a training and volunteer room. The design also evokes the archetypal image of “home” to symbolize the mission of the project sponsors.

<< Ammirati680 2nd Street >>